Friday, March 14, 2008

The Zebra

(http://www.african-safari-pictures.com)

Imagine the life of the Zebra. So plain, so dull. Always black and white. No variety. Not even a shade of gray. I've always hated gray to an extent. I mean I do like blakc and white photography, which is filled with gray, but in clothes or towels or sheets, I have found in to be quite boring. Recently though, I have learned that gray is so much more than just black and white. It is blue and orange or red and green, who knew that gray was actually the most exciting color of them all because it contained all the colors. As I type this though, it almost appears as a metaphor. I guess I am exagerating when I say gray is the most exciting just because it contained all of our favorite colors in to one. So does this mean that when all good things come together it becomes bland? Perhaps we need to bring one good thing to many bad things just so it can stand out.

No comments: