Thursday, March 13, 2008

Patriotic

I don't consider myselg anti-American. I never have. Even if I do say I want to leave this country as soon as possible, I would not say I hate my country. I do however hate the colors red, white, and blue. For some time now, I have found myself steering away from anything associated with the color combination- shoes bags, shirts, sheets, towels, even underwear. I find wearing your favorite colors for a team, school, or country to be unnecessary unless you are going to a special event. Showing your spirit through colors may be necessary at this time because people may understand it, but for daily use, no one does. You just look lame. Excuse me for my 4th grade vocabulary, but a better word choice does not come to mind at the moment. They make shirts and hats for spirit. No need for just random colors. Perhaps I'm being to harsh. Perhaps I'm being to narrow minded. Perhaps I just don't understand. Either way, you won't ever see me wearing my country's, schools, or team's colors.

(Thanks to http://picasaweb.google.com/bglove10/WhatIVeBeenUpToThePastMonth/photo#5093336919104594706)

No comments: