Friday, March 14, 2008

The Lion

I guess I would have to feel even worse for the lion though. He doesn't see his prey (the zebra) as well because he is color blind, or only sees in black and white and gray. Could you imagine a life with out color? It would contradict all the concepts I had discussed in earlier blogs about color being used to help in symbolism or to evoke emotion. Our world revolves and depends on color.
As a film photographer I often deal with seeing the world in black and white. I have to predict what my world would look like in different tones when it meets the negative. Everyday I deal with a world of black and white and grays and I love it, but I can't always stay with it. Sometimes I need to bust out a color roll. I need color to help produce my images. But what if I never had that choice. I was always stuck in black and white? How would I approach my world then? Honestly I do not even know. I would probably just get frustrated like the lion who can't find his prey because of a handicap he was given that no one else had to deal with. I guess though, I would never have the ability to understand what it would be like and could not even imagine it because in the end our world depends on color whether we like it or not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.