Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Value

Eventually I would like to be a freelance photographer, but I need people to value my work enough to purchase it so I can fund my trips and equipment. I'd never give up any of my morals or personal values to get there, but it is necessary in my life to be valued so I can continue to do what I love.
Value plays an important part in the art world. Whether we like it or not, we cannot avoid the desire to have our own art valued. We all want our work to be valued, but how do we get there? I guess now a days, the best way to add value to our art is to network and get our names out. In fact, it is probably the easiest way to break in to the art world. It is kind of sad though to think that it does not matter how good your art is, but who knows your name. So I guess that leads me to wonder what good art really is and what art is valued in our society just because they are well known.

1 comment:

j.elliot said...

one starving musician came by to say: You and me. Waiting for lucky breaks.


j.e.